Holiday Gem Tassies
I was inspired to make these treats by my husband's love of pineapple and cherries. Chilling the dough makes it easy to form the cookies. —Joyce Guthrie, Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup pineapple cake and pastry filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until blended. Gradually beat in flour, confectioners' sugar and pecans. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cherries, pineapple filling and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk egg. Stir in coconut and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With fingers dusted with flour, shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- Place a rounded teaspoon filling in each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon topping over filling. Bake 20-22 minutes or until topping is golden and edges are lightly browned. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Originally published as Holiday Gem Tassies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.