VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup pineapple cake and pastry filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until blended. Gradually beat in flour, confectioners' sugar and pecans. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cherries, pineapple filling and pecans. In a small bowl, whisk egg. Stir in coconut and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With fingers dusted with flour, shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- Place a rounded teaspoon filling in each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon topping over filling. Bake 20-22 minutes or until topping is golden and edges are lightly browned. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Gem Tassies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p69