Holiday Fruitcake Bars
My family prefers these scrumptious squares to the larger, more traditional fruitcake. Since they're so quick and simple to make, I always include several batches in my annual holiday baking spree.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Arrange pecans and fruit over crumbs; press down gently. Combine milk and vanilla; pour evenly over fruit. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 160 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruitcake Squares in Country Woman Christmas 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.