- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Arrange pecans and fruit over crumbs; press down gently. Combine milk and vanilla; pour evenly over fruit. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forHoliday Fruitcake Bars
"Anyone know how to make a fruitcake sugarfree? Since I am a diabetic, I can't eat the regular one. Please send me a recipe at fin[email protected]"