- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, water and honey. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, cornstarch and cinnamon; stir in cranberry mixture and apple. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Bake 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover pie loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Fruit Pie
"This is a very good pie. I love the color. It smells heavenly. It is just a little bit tart which I actually really enjoyed with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of tea."