Holiday Fig Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 30 to 35 Fig Newton cookies (about 1 pound)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Red and green maraschino cherries, well drained
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9-in. dish with cookies. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; spread over cookies.
- Toss bananas with lemon juice; arrange over the cream cheese layer. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping; spread over bananas. Spread remaining topping over pudding layer. Sprinkle with pecans. Decorate with cherries. Cover and chill overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 354 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 25, 2010
My DH loves Fig Newton cookies, so when I read this recipe I knew I had to try it. I can't believe that it was over fourteen years ago that I made it for the first time. Thanks to the original submitter, I am famous in my family for making this dessert.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.