Holiday Eggnog Pudding
Ring in the holidays with this creamy treat that pairs extra-thick pudding crunchy cookie crumbs. "The individual servings look so festive yet come together quite easily," writes Mesa, Arizona's Anita Beaty.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 squares)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold eggnog, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping
- Crush four cookies; set remaining cookies aside for garnish. In a small bowl, combine the crushed cookies, graham cracker crumbs and butter. Divide among eight serving dishes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup eggnog. Add the milk, pudding mix, extract, nutmeg and remaining eggnog. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup into each dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped topping and reserved cookies.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
This recipe was tested with Pepperidge Farm brand cookies.
Originally published as Eggnog Pudding in Quick Cooking November/December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.