Holiday Eggnog Muffins
These moist goodies are sweet enough to be dessert. Eggnog and pineapple may seem unusual together, but they blend wonderfully.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Beat in eggnog and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 199 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Eggnog Muffins in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.