Holiday Eggnog Bread Recipe
- 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the eggnog, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in apricots and pecans. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. or four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; spread over bread. Yield: 2 regular loaves or 4 mini loaves.
1 slice: 188 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Eggnog Bread
"I'm wondering if the cooking time is accurate in the recipe. Mine always cooks in 30 minutes."
"I make this recipe every Christmas."