Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Paprika, dill weed, minced chives or dried minced onion
- Cut shapes from bread using 1-1/2 in. Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; drizzle over bread and toss to coat. Divide into three batches. Sprinkle each batch with a different seasoning; toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2017
Making these tonight for a salad!
Jul 10, 2015
I love making these. They're not just for Christmas time! They are great with soups and salads. And it keeps my two-year-old entertained. Now he can help with dinner by using cookie cutters to make different shapes on the bread for croutons.