Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Paprika, dill weed, minced chives or dried minced onion
- Cut shapes from bread using 1-1/2 in. Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; drizzle over bread and toss to coat. Divide into three batches. Sprinkle each batch with a different seasoning; toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 97 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 4, 2017
Making these tonight for a salad!
Jul 10, 2015
I love making these. They're not just for Christmas time! They are great with soups and salads. And it keeps my two-year-old entertained. Now he can help with dinner by using cookie cutters to make different shapes on the bread for croutons.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.