Holiday Cranberry Salad
My mom made this every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I have continued the tradition. We now are on our fourth generation of sharing and enjoying this salad, as my grandson makes a special request for it every year. I also serve this as a side dish when I make a chicken pot pie. —Peggy Tagge, Stokesdale, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, add boiling water to gelatins; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in cranberry sauce. Refrigerate 30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pineapple, celery and pecans. Transfer to a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
Originally published as Holiday Cranberry Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.