Holiday Cranberry Eggnog Cake
Got eggnog and cranberries? We use both in this yummy, moist cake for the holidays. Dollop with a sweet topping of whipped cream and Mascarpone. —Roxanne Peelen, Franklin, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- MASCARPONE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggnog, eggs, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, mix Mascarpone cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla just until combined. Fold in whipped cream. Serve with cake; sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Originally published as Holiday Cranberry Eggnog Cake in Mrs. Holiday 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.