Holiday Cranberry Eggnog Cake
Got eggnog and cranberries? We use both in this yummy, moist cake for the holidays. Dollop with a sweet topping of whipped cream and Mascarpone. —Roxanne Peelen, Franklin, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- MASCARPONE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggnog, eggs, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, mix Mascarpone cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla just until combined. Fold in whipped cream. Serve with cake; sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Originally published as Holiday Cranberry Eggnog Cake in Mrs. Holiday 2012