Holiday Citrus Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Change out your traditional sweet potato recipe with this new version. The fruit sauce provides a bright, but not too sweet accent to the sweet potatoes. This side is sure to be enjoyed.—Maureen Akins, Kent, Washington
- 6 large sweet potatoes (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or just until tender. Reduce heat to 350°. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juices. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and brown sugar. Gradually stir in orange juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pineapple, oranges and cranberries; heat through.
- 3. Pour sauce over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 306 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Citrus Sweet Potatoes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC