Holiday Chicken & Sausage Wreath
Hearty enough to cut into larger slices as a main dish, this golden wreath brims with a delicious, ooey-gooey meat filling. You'll want to make this one year-round! —Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons coleslaw salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. On an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan, arrange triangles in a ring with points toward the outside, wide ends overlapping and leaving a 3-in. circle open in center. Press overlapping edges of dough to seal.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture across wide end of triangles. Fold pointed end of triangles over filling, tucking points under to form a ring (filling will be visible). Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Holiday chicken and sausage wreath in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.