Holiday Cheese Balls
I received this party-perfect recipe from the wife of one of my co-workers. Everyone loves the delicious yet simple blend of cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, onions, parsley and pecans.—Carol Hawley, Frederick, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese balls (1-3/4 cups each)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and cheese sauce. Add 1/2 cup pecans, 1/4 cup parsley, onion and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape into two balls. Combine the remaining pecans and parsley; roll cheese balls in pecan mixture. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 124 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Ball in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Oct 11, 2018
what attracted me to this recipe is it makes 2 cheese balls and the ingredients are so simple - i did chop some green onions, the green part to mix with the extra pecans for the topping - very good and so easy.