Andrea Bolden from Unionville, Tennessee writes, "With its colorful flecks of green onion and pimiento, this cheese ball is great as a Christmas or New Year's appetizer. It can be made with fat-free cheeses without sacrificing the zesty Italian taste."
Recommended: Top 10 Cheese Balls
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Toasted French bread slices, assorted crackers and/or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape into a ball; roll in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with toasted French bread slices, crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 1 cheese ball.
Originally published as Holiday Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p9
Reviews forHoliday Cheese Ball
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"This, and the Cheddar Broccoli Cheese Ball, was the first time I made a cheese ball. It was devoured in 45 minutes after I put it on the table."