Holiday Cheer Sweet Potatoes
Eggnog and rum give mashed sweet potatoes a new taste twist. This truly is an ideal side for a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.—Kelli Ritz, Innisfail, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; peel.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined.