VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; peel.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Cheer Sweet Potatoes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p53