Holiday Butter Mint Cookies
My mom gave me this recipe in a special recipe collection when I got married. I make goodie boxes of them for holiday gifts for friends and neighbors—and everyone loves them! —Sherry Flaquel, Cutler Bay, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed butter mints, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup crushed mints.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 12-15 minutes.
- Coat warm cookies with remaining crushed mints. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 56 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Butter Mint Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017