Holiday Butter Mint Cookies
My mom gave me this recipe in a special recipe collection when I got married. I make goodie boxes of them for holiday gifts for friends and neighbors—and everyone loves them! —Sherry Flaquel, Cutler Bay, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed butter mints, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup crushed mints.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Coat warm cookies with remaining crushed mints. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 56 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Butter Mint Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.