My mom gave me this recipe in a special recipe collection when I got married. I make goodie boxes of them for holiday gifts for friends and neighbors—and everyone loves them! —Sherry Flaquel, Cutler Bay, Florida
Recommended: 20 Recipes for Your Christmas Cookie Swap
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crushed butter mints, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup crushed mints.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Coat warm cookies with remaining crushed mints. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Holiday Butter Mint Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p155