- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, sausage, bacon, green pepper, 1 cup cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, salt, eggs and milk; pour over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Brunch Casserole
"Looks delicious! Great large group casserole."
"Enjoyed this. Followed exactly. Next time I'll do a spicy sausage just to give it a bit more umphf; and I liked the suggestion of salsa on the side. The suggestion to ensure you dry the hash browns is correct. Like someone else said they might try to actually gook them first which might be good since they did sort of disappear (and I like hash browns). 5-10 mins longer cooking is a good idea. I'll do again."
"Is a good recipe. Good to make ahead??"
"This has become a regular holiday breakfast favorite. However, it usually needs at least 50 min cooking time as well as the additional time for it to sit and set - approximately 10 minutes before serving."