- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHoliday Brunch Casserole
"Delicious. Will be making this for Christmas mornings."
"Looks delicious! Great large group casserole."
"Enjoyed this. Followed exactly. Next time I'll do a spicy sausage just to give it a bit more umphf; and I liked the suggestion of salsa on the side. The suggestion to ensure you dry the hash browns is correct. Like someone else said they might try to actually gook them first which might be good since they did sort of disappear (and I like hash browns). 5-10 mins longer cooking is a good idea. I'll do again."
"Is a good recipe. Good to make ahead??"
"This has become a regular holiday breakfast favorite. However, it usually needs at least 50 min cooking time as well as the additional time for it to sit and set - approximately 10 minutes before serving."