"When you are in a hurry and want to get that loaf going quick, a bread machine does the trick," writes Barbara Adams, Redford, Michigan. "Whenever I bake this bread, everyone says, 'It smells like Thanksgiving.'"
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Stuffing Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Nov 15, 2011
This bread is delicious!! It's great for turkey leftovers!! It's like having Thanksgiving any day of the week!! I've shared the recipe with a couple of friends after they tried a loaf that I made and brought to work!!