"When you are in a hurry and want to get that loaf going quick, a bread machine does the trick," writes Barbara Adams, Redford, Michigan. "Whenever I bake this bread, everyone says, 'It smells like Thanksgiving.'"
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 15, 2011
This bread is delicious!! It's great for turkey leftovers!! It's like having Thanksgiving any day of the week!! I've shared the recipe with a couple of friends after they tried a loaf that I made and brought to work!!