"When you are in a hurry and want to get that loaf going quick, a bread machine does the trick," writes Barbara Adams, Redford, Michigan. "Whenever I bake this bread, everyone says, 'It smells like Thanksgiving.'"
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Stuffing Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p38
Reviews forHoliday Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review