Holiday Beef Brisket Recipe
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1. Place onions in a greased shallow roasting pan; top with brisket. Combine the ketchup, paprika and garlic powder; spread over brisket. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; pour into pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Add the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove brisket to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 451 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Holiday Beef Brisket
"This recipe needed an additional hour and a half baking time -- too much moisture -- tough. Didn't like the ketchup flavor."