- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender, process cranberries and sugar just until coarsely ground; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and ginger; stir in walnuts and apricots. In another bowl, combine the egg, orange juice, water, butter, orange zest and vanilla; add cranberry mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forHoliday Apricot Cranberry Bread
"This bread is too dry. I would say 2 tablespoons butter is not enough oil."