- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) almond paste
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into 48 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the almond paste, sugar, eggs, orange juice, cream and flour. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Holiday Almond Tassies
"Great almond taste"
"WOW, tasted great and easy to make. They puffed up as they baked, but after taking out of oven, within 10 minutes, I had a whole in the middle of the filling. Any suggestions?"
"These are wonderful but there is way too much filling. The dough is very nice to work with. Next time, I will make 1 1 /2 recipes of the dough. I finished the extra filling with mini cupcake liners....seriously, 16 mini cupcakes with filling and almond slivers! They are moist and delicious too. I am surprised that only one reviewer mentioned too much filling."
"Almond is a very favorite around my house, I made these last year and they were wonderful"
"Are there different brands of almond paste? Is one brand better than another? These sound yummy!"
"Has anyone made this without adding the orange juice?"
"Being of Dutch Heritage I have made butter letter, almond squares,, almond tartlets. I am not able to find the almond paste here in Atlanta in anything but 8 oz. cans and it just is not the same. Any suggestions a. Thanks."
"Love the flavor. The cream cheese pastry is very easy to work with. I sometimes top them with candied cherries and a drizzle of melted chocolate for the holidays"
"Almond lovers beware! These Tassies are absolutely delicious!"