- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with vegetables in sesame oil over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve in lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHoisin Turkey Lettuce Wraps
"Just ok. It took way more than 30 minutes as claimed. Taste really wasn't worth all the fuss in prep work."
"I made the recipe exactly as written and everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again."