The convenience and simplicity of this chicken dinner make it extra awesome. Change up the veggies throughout the year—the sticky-spicy-sweet sauce is good on all of them! —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together the first eight ingredients. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken and sweet potato in a single layer in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a third of hoisin mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn chicken and potatoes. Add cauliflower and red pepper; drizzle with another third of hoisin mixture and remaining olive oil. Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°, about 25 minutes longer. Drizzle with remaining sauce. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Sriracha Sheet Pan Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2018