Hoisin Pork Chops with Fennel Slaw
The Asian-inspired pork chops are coated with a spicy glaze that gives them a rich, reddish-brown color. The unique Fennel Slaw goes so well with these chops.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper sauce. Pour over slaw mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with fennel fronds. Chill until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, hoisin sauce, chipotle peppers, balsamic vinegar and molasses. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with glaze mixture. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with slaw.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1 cup fennel slaw: 395 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Hoisin Glaze and Fennel Sl in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.