The Asian-inspired pork chops are coated with a spicy glaze that gives them a rich, reddish-brown color. The unique Fennel Slaw goes so well with these chops.—Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper sauce. Pour over slaw mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with fennel fronds. Chill until serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, hoisin sauce, chipotle peppers, balsamic vinegar and molasses. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with glaze mixture. Serve with slaw. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Pork Chops with Fennel Slaw in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p74