Hoisin-It-Nice Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dash ground ginger
- Minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the shrimp, 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce, garlic and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, ginger and remaining hoisin and soy sauce; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with shrimp and chives. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 91 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 21, 2017
I made these eggs without the shrimp, so I can't comment on that. However, the egg filling was DELICIOUS. It had the Asian flavor without being overpowering. I put some crunchy rice noodles on top to give it an extra texture. We loved them, I'd definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.