Hoisin Chicken Salad
Asian flavors enhance my convenient rotisserie chicken salad. It earns compliments every time I make it. Toasted sesame seeds add a nutty texture. —Michelle Krzmarzick, Torrance, CA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 418 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Hoisin Chicken Salad in Country Woman June/July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.