Asian flavors enhance my convenient rotisserie chicken salad. It earns compliments every time I make it. Toasted sesame seeds add a nutty texture. —Michelle Krzmarzick, Torrance, CA
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Hoisin Chicken Salad in Country Woman June/July 2009, p44
Reviews forHoisin Chicken Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
"Made with regular chicken breast instead of rotisserie, but was very flavorless. Dressing flavor was not appealing."