- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Add beans, carrots, and potatoes; cook 15 minutes. Add corn and peas; cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 2 cups liquid. Set vegetables aside. In the same saucepan, combine reserved liquid, butter, cream, chives, pepper, paprika and remaining salt. Add vegetables and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forHodgepodge Stew
"A great way to use up a wide variety of leftover veggies."