I came up with this recipe one day when I didn't have many groceries in the house. My kids named it Hobo Hash because it didn't have a lot in it and could be cooked in one pan.—Linda Hendershott, St. Joseph, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 can (10.-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes and soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 399 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Hobo Hash in Casserole Cookbook