I came up with this recipe one day when I didn't have many groceries in the house. My kids named it Hobo Hash because it didn't have a lot in it and could be cooked in one pan.—Linda Hendershott, St. Joseph, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 can (10.-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes and soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 399 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Hobo Hash in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.