His Favorite Ravioli
Turn refrigerated ravioli into a gourmet meal in no time! The rich flavors and interesting textures give this dish its character. -Christa Rispoli, Newfoundland, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) refrigerated pumpkin ravioli or ravioli of your choice
- 1-2/3 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and prosciutto in oil until vegetables are tender. Add sage; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the peas, cheese, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain ravioli; toss with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 505 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 1102mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 8g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as His Favorite in Taste of Home October/November 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.