We always have a plentiful supply of fresh mint leaves in the garden, so this makes a very refreshing drink on hot summer days. —Laura Mae Newcomer, Bowdoin, Maine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- Lemon slices and additional mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the mint, lemon juice, orange juice and zest. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard mint and orange peel. Stir in cold water; serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and additional mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 150 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Minty Orange Lemonade in Reminisce Extra July 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.