Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 15 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Stir in wafer crumbs and preserves. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide mixture in half. Return one portion to refrigerator. Shape remaining mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan; refrigerate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Decorate candies with white chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 170 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 8, 2017
The combination of the wafers and the strawberry jam in these is great! Serve these at Christmas!
Jan 11, 2015
I have made these year after year and they are AMAZING. They are difficult to roll into balls BUT the secret I have found that works every time is putting the mixture into the freezer for an hour. After this I use a little bit of room temp water and use it on my hands while forming the balls. It works perfectly as the mixture doesn't get stuck to my hands. Don't use too much though or it will end up a gooey mess! Once the balls are on wax paper they need to be placed back in the freeze again for about another hour before coating. Hope this helps.
Oct 3, 2014
These were good, but next time I think I'll do raspberry jam and a bit of almond extract.
Dec 13, 2012
Very good but do not roll into balls even after refrigerating overnight! Perhaps rolling in powder sugar may help? Any ideas?
Dec 31, 2011
Very delicious kinda tasted like pb&j. Somewhat difficult to make into perfect shape
Dec 7, 2011
They really do just have a hint of berry in them. Very good and easy to make.
Feb 8, 2011
These are easy and taste delicious! I made them for my wedding, and there were none left over.
Dec 2, 2010
The consistancy was terrible for forming these into balls. We found nothing special about them.
Dec 19, 2009
Dec 19, 2009
this is real good and any one should try to make them,as they would love them.