- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 40 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 15 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate chips. Stir in wafer crumbs and preserves. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide mixture in half. Return one portion to refrigerator. Shape remaining mixture into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate. Repeat with remaining with remaining mixture. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating. Dip balls in coating; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle while chocolate over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forHint-of-Berry Bonbons
"The combination of the wafers and the strawberry jam in these is great! Serve these at Christmas!"
"I have made these year after year and they are AMAZING. They are difficult to roll into balls BUT the secret I have found that works every time is putting the mixture into the freezer for an hour. After this I use a little bit of room temp water and use it on my hands while forming the balls. It works perfectly as the mixture doesn't get stuck to my hands. Don't use too much though or it will end up a gooey mess! Once the balls are on wax paper they need to be placed back in the freeze again for about another hour before coating. Hope this helps."
"These were good, but next time I think I'll do raspberry jam and a bit of almond extract."
"Very good but do not roll into balls even after refrigerating overnight! Perhaps rolling in powder sugar may help? Any ideas?"
"Very delicious kinda tasted like pb&j. Somewhat difficult to make into perfect shape"
"They really do just have a hint of berry in them. Very good and easy to make."
"These are easy and taste delicious! I made them for my wedding, and there were none left over."
"The consistancy was terrible for forming these into balls. We found nothing special about them."
"this is real good and any one should try to make them,as they would love them."