Highbush Cranberry Jam Recipe
- 7-1/2 cups highbush cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large covered kettle, simmer cranberries and water for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press berries through a strainer; discard skins. Strain mixture through a double layer of cheesecloth (juice will drip through; discard or set aside for another use). Measure 6 cups of the pulp that remains in the cheesecloth and place in the kettle. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into freezer containers. Cool. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 3-4 half-pints.
2 tablespoons: 80 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Highbush Cranberry Jam
"Delicious! I replaced the water with cranberry juice, the sugar with real maple syrup, and merely squished the berries rather than straining them."