High Roller Cake
We were "on a roll" right through dessert! Our eye-catching cake was shaped like a giant die with chocolate sandwich cookie spots. The level of difficulty for making this tender chocolate cube is "Easy"!—Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 10 Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into two greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut two 6-in. squares from each cake (save remaining cake for another use). Spread the frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Split sandwich cookies apart; arrange on the cake (filling side down) for die spots.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 859 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 134g carbohydrate (93g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.