High Roller Cake
We were "on a roll" right through dessert! Our eye-catching cake was shaped like a giant die with chocolate sandwich cookie spots. The level of difficulty for making this tender chocolate cube is "Easy"!—Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 10 Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well. Pour into two greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut two 6-in. squares from each cake (save remaining cake for another use). Spread the frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Split sandwich cookies apart; arrange on the cake (filling side down) for die spots.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 859 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 134g carbohydrate (93g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as High Roller Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.