High-Rise Apple Pancake Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until smooth. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in a 7-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Saute the apples, cinnamon and remaining sugar until apples are tender. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 390 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for High-Rise Apple Pancake
"Fast, easy & delicious! Made it exactly as directed & wouldn't change a thing."
"Meant to give this 5 stars"
"I made this for my husband, grand-daughter and myself this morning. Delicious! I used a little less sugar."