High-Rise Apple Pancake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until smooth. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in a 7-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Saute the apples, cinnamon and remaining sugar until apples are tender. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 390 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 8, 2012
Fast, easy & delicious! Made it exactly as directed & wouldn't change a thing.
Mar 6, 2011
Meant to give this 5 stars
Mar 6, 2011
I made this for my husband, grand-daughter and myself this morning. Delicious! I used a little less sugar.