High-Rise Apple Pancake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until smooth. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in a 7-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Saute the apples, cinnamon and remaining sugar until apples are tender. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 390 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 8, 2012
Fast, easy & delicious! Made it exactly as directed & wouldn't change a thing.
Mar 6, 2011
Meant to give this 5 stars
Mar 6, 2011
I made this for my husband, grand-daughter and myself this morning. Delicious! I used a little less sugar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.