This simple vinegar and oil dressing is seasoned with three herbs for robust flavor. "We like balsamic vinegar , so we often use it in place of wine vinegar as a nice change of pace," reports Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas.
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients; shake well. Serve over greens. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Herbed Vinaigrette in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p53