Herbed Veggie Mix-Up
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place beans and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until tender. Stir in the parsley, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, green beans and carrots; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 17, 2014
Great recipe. I've made it many times and my picky husband likes it too
Jul 10, 2012
i too used dried parsley and also used frozen green beans instead of fresh. Wonderful dish that i will make again.
Apr 26, 2011
I used half the butter it called for and dried parsley instead of fresh, it was still great! very easy too!
Apr 12, 2011
Very tasty and simple
Feb 22, 2011
I used dried parsley instead of fresh, and only used 1/2 of the butter called for, and it was great! A very pretty, tasty way to serve vegetables.
Feb 13, 2011
We loved this mix up of veggies. I added a little bit of lemon juice and some minced garlic. Other than that I kept the recipe the way it was. My son loved it, and he is not a fan of mushrooms. Thanks for a great and easy recipe. Gail
Feb 7, 2011
A great blend of herbs. I used frozen green beans instead of fresh and it worked just great, also substituted dried parsley for the fresh. I plan on making this again.