Herbed Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, beans, celery, carrots, zucchini, onion and tomato juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the bouillon, seasoning blend, basil and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 66 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Sep 15, 2013
It was good. I used low sodium v-8 juice instead of tomato juice. I also added a half a bag of spinach because I had it on hand. For my salt free seasoning, I used Mrs.Dash tomato basil garlic. For each serving I also added sea salt, course ground pepper, and Louisiana hot sauce. Awesome!