Herbed Vegetable Medley
This scrumptious side dish, from Deborah Ereth of Salem, Oregon, features an unusual way to serve a variety of well-flavored veggies—you bundle and bake the produce in parchment or foil packets. "The squash, zucchini, carrots and leeks have such wonderful aroma and taste that even the pickiest eaters dig right in," she assures.—Deborah Ereth, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 2 leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a bowl, toss the vegetables and lemon juice; set aside. Fold four 12-in. pieces of parchment or heavy-duty foil in half to form triangles; unfold. Coat with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup vegetable mixture in the center of each square. Combine basil, thyme, salt and pepper; sprinkle over vegetables. Fold parchment over vegetables and seal edges tightly. Place packets on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Carefully open packets and transfer vegetables to plates.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.