Herbed Twice-Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 15 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1-1/2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash paprika
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with cream cheese, chives, salt, basil and cayenne. Add milk and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; mash. Spoon into potato shells. Drizzle with remaining butter; sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 28, 2010
i tried this recipe tonight on my family. we all thought they had good flavor and i loved that they were healthy; however, i feel that i could just wing my own recipe and have just as a good a potato. i really liked them but my dad and boyfriend think they fell flat so i have no fans on my end, sorry.
Nov 12, 2008
Normally twice baked potatoes are rather tasteless and boring, but this recipe is a winner. Filled with flavor and texture you'll definately make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.