Herbed Turkey & Cranberry Sloppy Joes
These deliciously different joes pile on the flavor with herbs, spices, cranberries and more. Keep the meat mixture warm in a slow cooker and let guests assemble their own sandwiches.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with onion, celery and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes, dried cranberries, chili sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until flavors are blended, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cranberry sauce; heat through.
- 3. Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on buns. Fill with turkey mixture.
1 sandwich: 377 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC